The Milbridge Area Merchants Association (MAMA) is a collaboration of businesses and non-profit organizations from the communities of Steuben, Milbridge, Cherryfield, Harrington, Addison, Columbia, and Columbia Falls.
We work in close cooperation with our regional partners, such as DownEast & Acadia Regional Tourism and the Sunrise County Economic Council. Together, we strive to help make the communities we serve a better place to live, work, play, and do business. It is only through your active involvement that MAMA is available as a resource for you and your customers. Your annual membership investment and support of our programs and projects help MAMA to accomplish collectively what no one business or organization could do by itself.
There are many benefits to becoming a member, including:
- Your business/organization profile on MAMA’s Web site (www.narraguagusbay.org)
- Listing in our brochure, Discover Downeast, which is displayed at information kiosks along the Maine turnpike, at the Ellsworth and Machias Chambers of Commerce, and at local businesses.
- Promotion of your events via our growing social media presence and business-to-business network.
- Monthly meetings featuring guest programs on a variety of business, tourism, and economic issues.
- Networking and sharing resources with other area businesses and organizations.
- Participation in philanthropic endeavors that increase the quality of life and support civic efforts in our communities.
- Helping to promote life Downeast in ways that benefit your business, your community, and the entire region.
We have moved into 2017 with a new year of programming, including adding new events to Milbridge Days, updating our brochure and website, developing maps and information about local assets, and working with a local business to provide a more visible information center – where visitors will be able to access YOUR brochures! Please contact us with ideas about how we can better help to promote your community and your business. We feel it’s an exciting time to be part of our organization, and we hope that you will join us!
Membership fees are annual from January 1-December 31. Businesses joining mid-year may have their first year’s membership pro-rated. Regular membership for businesses, non-profit groups, and individuals is $50 annually. All memberships include a listing in the Discover Downeast brochure and a Web site profile.
Why Not Become a Sponsor Instead with Great Advertising Benefits?
Sponsors help the association accomplishing its mission and thereby benefiting the community as a whole. Sponsorships are $250 annually. This includes a standard-sized ad with hyperlink on our web page, listing in the web page members directory, and a 1.5″ x 2″ ad in the Discover the Narraguagus Bay Region brochure.